Work Placement Programme
It is important for students to be able to develop skills and working experience in applying the knowledge they gain at the university. For this purpose the department of Political Science and International Relations has developed an extensive collaboration framework with a number of well known public and private sector institutions; our students are able to do their work placement in these institutions as part of their studies.
Work placement institutions
In particular for our work placement programme we are collaborating with the following:
♦ Constantinos Caramanlis Institute for Democracy ♦ Institute for International Relations ♦ Institute for International Economic Relations ♦ Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières ♦ ActionAid Hellas ♦ Medecins du Monde (Greek Department) ♦ Hellenic Parliament ♦ NGO Praksis ♦ Union of Hellenic Chambers of Commerce and Industry ♦ Greek Council for Refugees ♦ Andreas Papandreou Institute of Strategic and Development Studies (ISTAME) ♦ Hellenic Agency for Local Development and Local Government (E.E.T.A.A.) S.A. ♦ Chamber of Korinthia ♦ Research Centre for Gender Equality (KETHI) ♦ Korinthia Institute for Youth ♦
♦ United Nations Regional Information centre (UNRIC) (Brussels) ♦ Paragon Europe (Malta) ♦
About Work Placements
A student’s work placement:
- is equivalent to an optional module,
- has a 2-month duration, 10 hours per week.
- is compensated (currently 300EURO pcm for placement in Greece. 600EURO pcm for placements abroad)
The details for each placement, including the number of placement positions and the institutions participating are detailed in each Work Placement Call (once per semester).
Required Application documentation:
- Application form
- C.V. (according to the Europass Standard)
- Foreign Language Certificates
- Motivation letter
- Overall curriculum performance (GPA, number of modules completed, etc.)
- Certification and being adept in Foreign Languages
- Skills in computer use
- Additional certified skills or extra-curricula knowledge and activity
- Overall impression of the application
- For work placements abroad, Certified, proficient of English (Proficiency certification equivalent is required) is an eligibility requirement. Equivalent proficiency in French will be taken into account
Tuesday-Friday, 11:00-13:00, Phone (+30) 2741 040040, e-mail: email@example.com
Use the “Ελληνικά” language option in the site’s menu to see the corresponding Greek page.