In December 2019, the University of the Peloponnese signed a student exchange agreement with UCF (https://www.ucf.edu/about-ucf/), one of the largest campus-based US universities, with 13 colleges including Medical School, 69.525 students and 220 stand-alone degree programs. It is considered a model for the proportion of minorities in the student population and for one of the lowest rates of debt graduates (50%). It is a very powerful research and teaching university, one of the best public US universities ranking sixteenth in the US in innovation.
The initiative came from an agreement between the Department of Political Science and International Relations of the University of the Peloponnese and the corresponding Department of Political Science at UCF. The agreement provides:
1. The exchange of undergraduate students without tuition fees.
2. Students of the program must be in the third or fourth year of their studies. They will attend and receive courses at the host university with specific credits that will be recognized by each other.
3. Each student may remain on the program for a maximum of two semesters.
4. Universities on the one hand shall not cover travel, accommodation, feeding and healthcare costs.
5. The program was initiated after consultation with the Departments of Political Science but may include all Departments of the two Universities.