The Department of Political Science and International Relations (PSiR) of the University of the Peloponnese welcomes applications of early or advanced career academics and PhD holders in the field of Political Science and International Relations for five (5) «Visiting Research Fellowship» positions for the academic year 2021-22.
Research proposals should address topics within the fields of Political Science and International Relations or related fields to the academic profile of the Department (such as Sociology, History, Economics, Philosophy, Cultural Studies and Information Systems). Proposals should indicate the relevance of the proposed research topic to the academic profile of the Department, taking into account the research interests of the faculty members of the Department (People | PSIR – Department of Political Science and International Relations (uop.gr) ).
Privileges: Visiting Fellows are expected to play an active part in the intellectual life of the Department during their fellowship. Visiting Fellows are given full access to the Department’s services and facilities. In particular, Visiting Researchers obtain an e-mail address, access to electronic databases and subscription journals, as well as access to the Department’s library and computer lab.
Obligations: It is anticipated that Visiting Fellows will implement their research and related publication plans as proposed in their application. Visiting Research Fellows are expected to:
- Give at least one open lecture in the context of the undergraduate or postgraduate program of study of the Department or in a PhD seminar.
- Participate in scientific conferences and workshops organized by the Department.
- Publish part of their research in the Department’s series (i.e. online Research Working Paper)
- Submit a Semi-annual progress report and a Final Activity Report to the Department
- Acknowledge their PSiR affiliation in the publications resulting from their research activities within the Fellowship scheme.
Duration: 12 months or more, if required.
Remuneration: The University does not offer any remuneration to Visiting Researchers. The academic staff of the Department will support Visiting Researchers in funding applications.
Application Materials: Applications are evaluated by a scientific committee consisting of faculty members of the Department. Application should include the following:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal (up to 3 pages) which briefly states the objectives, methodology, schedule and deliverables of the research. Guidelines of Research Proposal, here.
- Copies of 1-2 indicative publications.
- Photocopy of ID.
- Photocopies of diplomas (Bachelor, postgraduate and PhD) (submitted after the completion of the evaluation of the application).
Applications should be submitted until July 25, 2021 to email@example.com with the subject “Visiting Researcher Fellowship” or by post to the Secretariat of the Department of Political Science and International Relations of the University of Peloponnese, Aristotelous 1 & L. Athens, PC 20132, Corinth.