The Department of Political Science and International Relations became active Member of the Forum Euroméditerranéen des Instituts de Sciences Économiques (FEMISE) on March 1th, 2018.
FEMISE is a Euromed network established in June 2005 as an NGO, following 8 years of activities. The network gathers more than 100 members of economic research institutes, representing the 37 partners of the Barcelona Process. FEMISE is coordinated by the Economic Research Forum (ERF), Egypt and Institut de la Méditerranée (IM), France.
The General Objective is to reinforce dialogue between stakeholders and conduct research on priority EuroMed issues.
The Specific Objectives are:
- 1. To conduct policy research and make recommendations with respect to economic relations between Europe and its Mediterranean partners;
- 2. To communicate and disseminate this research for the benefit of public and private, national and multilateral institutions and;
- 3. To provide a platform that promotes dialogues between different partners on issues that matter for the region.
FEMISE carries out a large number of activities that include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting research on issues related to the Euromed partnership, neighbourhood policy and the Union for the Mediterranean
- Providing platforms for policy dialogues to discuss and debate among stakholders issues of relevance to the EuroMed region
- Disseminating the results of this research through conferences, workshops, publishing research papers and newsletters
For more information about FEMISE you may visit the official website http://www.femise.org/en/ .