The Department’s graduates, according to our records, have substantial opportunities for successfully seeking professional goals or applying for postgraduate posts to top universities in Greece and abroad. They are increasingly competent to pursue careers in a wide range of public and private organizations, including:
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, both as Diplomats and as members of staff at special divisions, such as the General Directorate For International Development Cooperation (see mfa.gr )
- E.U. institutions (see www.ec.europa.eu )
- International political and economic organizations, such as the United Nations (see www.un.org), the UN Development Program (see undp.org ), the World Bank (see www.worldbank.org), the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development etc.
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) active in the fields of international development cooperation and social economy (see for example anthropos.gr, www.eplc.gr,www.cieel.gr, www.concordeurope.org,www.reliefweb.org)
- Research institutes (see idis.gr, www.eliamep.gr, www.idos.gr, www.ekem.gr, www.iaa.gr )
- Firms offering consulting and project management services (see, among others, planet.gr, www.euroconsultants.gr, www.trek.gr)
- Polling and political consulting companies (see, among others, legeinandprattein.gr, www.metronanalysis.gr )
- Political foundations (see, among others, idkarmanlis.gr, www.eppnp.gr, www.venizelos-foundation.gr, www.karamanlis-foundation.gr, www.agp.gr, www.ikm.gr)
- Companies with international operations abroad, especially Greek companies in the Balkans, in which case they become principal facilitators of growth, and they provide job opportunities.
Moreover, our graduates have the opportunity to apply for our high quality post-graduate studies programs organized by the Department, along with students of high skills and knowledge coming from different universities and academic specializations. Since 2012-13 the Department has accumulated considerable expertise in post-graduate studies, thereby responding to the challenge of expanding knowledge and skills.