The Internship Programme
The Internship is part of the Curriculum and is organised at University and Departmental level. It offers an irreplaceable possibility of skills development and gaining work experience, in order for students to prepare for their access to the labour market. The program is implemented with the resources and according to the regulations of the Business Plan “Human Resources Development, Education and Lifelong Learning” in the framework of the National Strategic Reference Framework (ESPA) 2014-2020. All student applications, the submission of all the documents and the management of the program is done through the special platform https://praktiki.uop.gr.
- It is addressed to students who are already in the third year of study, as well as in the following years.
- Equivalent to an elective course.
- It has a three months’ duration, it is paid and for this period the students are insured against accidents in the workplace.
- Each student has the right to take an internship position for one period only.
- Each student undertakes the fulfillment of the relevant duties, as provided by the contract which is signed between the University, institution and student. Supervisors are appointed by the institution and by the Department for each student.
The stages for the participation of the students in the Internship Programme
- Invitation for submission of applications by the Department in the beginning of the academic year.
- On time submission of application, submission of all the documents and selection of the bodies by the students at https://praktiki.uop.gr.
- Evaluation of the applications by the Internship Committee according to the criteria of the Department and an announcement of the provisional results on the relevant announcement board of the Student Registry and the website of the Department.
- Right of the students to submit objections and evaluation of their applications by the Objections Committee of the Department for five days after the announcement of the results.
- allocation of Internship positions
- Finalization of the results, approval of the results by the Departmental Assembly, posting the final results in the relevant announcement board of the Student Registry and the website of the Department. Completion of the actions for the conclusion of the contracts by the responsible bodies of the University and subsequently taking up duties by the students.
- After the completion of the program evaluation by all the participants (supervisors in the bodies, supervising professors and participating students) according to the forms which are used at University level.
In all the stages of the organization of the program for Internships substantive criteria of meritocracy apply according to the evaluation criteria, as well as full publicity by uploading all the actions on the Department’s website.
- Number of successfully completed modules (1 module= 1 credit)
- Average score (credits = average * 10)
- Language knowledge (5 credits + 2 credits for Proficiency level)
- Computer knowledge and skills (2 credits)
- Previous work experience (up to 5 credits)
- participation in Erasmus programs, other seminars, conferences etc (up to 5 credits).
In case of equal credits, the student who collects more credits in every one of the criteria mentioned above according to the order of their evaluation precedes in the ranking.
Head: Manos Papazolgou, (Assist. Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Members: Charalampos Tsiliotis (Assist. Professor), Sotiris Vandoros (Assist. Professor)
Alternate members: Dimitrios Rozakis (Lecturer), Nikolaos Tzifakis (Assoc. Professor), Eftathios Fakiolas (Assist. Professor)
Members: Vasiliki Lalagianni (Professor), Sotiris Petropoulos (Assist. Professor), Sotiris Roussos (Assoc. Professor)
Alternate members: Asteris Huliaras (Professor), Panagiota Manoli ( Assist. Professor), Sokratis Koniordos (Professor)
In particular for our interniship programme, we are collaborating with the following (indicative):
♦ Konstantinos Karamanlis Institute for Democracy ♦ Institute for International Relations ♦ Institute for International Economic Relations ♦ Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières ♦ ActionAid Hellas ♦ National Hellenic Research Foundation ♦ Hellenic Parliament ♦ NGO Praksis ♦ HIGGS ♦ Centre for Asia Minor Studies ♦ VOULIWATCH ♦ Hellenic Agency for Local Development and Local Government (E.E.T.A.A.) S.A. ♦ Chamber of Korinthia ♦ Green Fund ♦ Center for Liberal Studies – Markos Dragoumis (KE.FI.M) ♦ Hellenic Foundation for European & Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) ♦ Social Policy Center of Municipality of Corinth ♦ The Greek Ombudsman ♦ Konstantinos Karamanlis Foundation ♦ Network for Children’s Right ♦ Corinth Canal S.A. (A.E.DI.K.) ♦ Ithaca Laundry ♦ The E sqare Project ♦ The Tipping Point ♦ Hellenic – German Chamber of Commerce
Use the “Ελληνικά” language option in the site’s menu to see the corresponding Greek page.